Monday, May 5, 2008
Day 1 - Zach's Journal
My goal for this internship is learn a lot more about the fields of engineering and computer science. I am interested in these fields because I plan on pursuing them further in college. During the internship, we will be building a robot that can play the video game "Guitar Hero". We will be faced with many engineering challenges along the way dealing with how we design and program the robot. Our goal will be to have optical sensors read information off a television and send them to a microprocessor where they will be processed. Then, new signals will be sent to a modified guitar telling it where to strum and hold different notes. Just from my first day alone, I have already learned a lot about circuit design and different electrical components. I also learned how to use an oscilloscope, a device used to measure and interpret electric signals. I'm really looking forward to working again tomorrow and I think that I will gain a lot of invaluable experience over the next two months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment